What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
User-supplied information. You may visit this website without disclosing any personally identifiable information. However, if you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some minimal personal information (such as name, address, email address and/or phone number). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (such as social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, or financial account information) unless and until you become a registered WillsbyWaybridge customer. If you submit any such information outside the secure client portal available only to registered users, the communication you send to us will not create a lawyer/client relationship, will not be protected from disclosure, and we will not be liable to you or responsible for any consequences of your submission.
Registered Users. WillsbyWaybridge requires each registered customer to provide us with personal information in connection with the purchase of WillsbyWaybridge products and services. Personal information is captured only when a user registers with WillsbyWaybridge and willingly discloses the personal information required to prepare the purchased documents.
Personal information includes: contact and personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, marital status, birthdate, sex, etc.; and financial information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information, and other personal information necessary to prepare your purchased legal documents.
You may also be required to provide certain personal information (such as name, address, and birthdate) of third party individuals whom you name in your Will, Financial Power of Attorney, and Health Care Directive. WillsbyWaybridge uses this information for the sole purpose of administering its services for our registered customers. Your personal information and the personal information of the individuals named in your legal documents is used for the sole purpose of preparing your legal documents according to the information you provide as a registered user in the WillsbyWaybridge online Estate Planning Questionnaire, and not for any other reason.
Web server logs. When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and stored in our web server logs, which are records of the activities on our website. The information we collect may include:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address (a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the internet)
- The identity of your unique internet service provider
- The name and version of your operating system
- The name and version of your browser
- The location (city/state) from which you accessed our website
- The number of links you click within the website
- The date and time of your visit to the website
- The web page from which you arrived at the website
- The pages you viewed on the website
- Certain searches that you conducted via the website
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, improve the value of the materials available on the website as part of our marketing efforts, and protect the website and its content from fraud and other inappropriate use. If criminal activity is suspected, we may share our web server logs and the personal information contained in the logs with the appropriate investigative authorities to assist in tracing and identifying individuals.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. We currently do not, but may in the future use “cookies” and other web technologies to store and help track information about how users navigate this website.
We use the personal information we collect through the website to personalize your experience when you use the website, to personalize our communications with you and contact you with other information and/or services we believe will interest you (unless you choose to opt out of these communications), to contact you with notices related to your use of the website, to improve the content and functionality of the website, and for security and fraud-prevention purposes.
How is personal information protected?
We utilize the same level of protection and security that is used by banks, through the use of state-of-the-art third-party document and payment systems. We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information provided over the internet or stored in our databases. Therefore, your transmissions are at your own risk.
Who has access to the information?
WillsbyWaybridge, LLC does not sell, rent, lease, loan or trade any personal information collected at our website, including but not limited to contact forms, download requests, or email lists. We will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- As required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may at any time opt out of any future communications from us. Contact us via telephone, our contact form, or the mailing address on our website at any time to:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- Opt out of future communications from us.